Friday, June 22, 2007

Every Day is a New Day

Every day is truly a new day around here. Owen seems to be trying out different sounds and actions and you know it is true when even Daddy agrees that he tried to say, "Yes" and "Jump". I have a tendency not to give Owen credit for attempts worrying that I am the mom and just wanting what is best for him. But when daddy looks at me and says, "He just tried to say yes and I think he is trying to say jump." Well my heart swells with pride that maybe Owen will catch up quickly.

It seems as his 2 year birthday approaches he is trying harder to communicate with us and sometimes great things are happening. His speech therapist reiterated that he is a really stubborn kid and not to try and ask him in the form of a question to respond or repeat, but instead to model and wait. This seems to have been a break through for him. Of course it makes life in the real world difficult when people ask him if he can say he is two and such, but that's life right?

We are slowly preparing for Owen's celebration next Saturday. My father will be in town, as well as Ethan's godparents and then our local friends are coming. We are just having a backyard BBQ and pool/sprinkler fun. Nothing crazy, just food and fun.

Ethan had "Water Day" at school today. He was VERY excited because he got a Diego backpack to put all the things he needed into and I think he might have thought that was the best thing ever!!

After I read him his book tonight, How I Became a Pirate, I pretended to fall asleep. He said, "Sleep on my pillow mom. Sleep tight mom. Love you." and then proceeded to give me kisses and rub my head...this kid!! Hard to believe I wanted to strangle him earlier for deciding that squishing his brother's cheeks was a good idea!! LOL!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Owen is growing leaps and bounds in the vocabulary department! I'm so proud of his accomplishments! Ethan is so sweet getting mommy settled for a sleep in his bed!