Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day - A day of FIRSTS!

Ethan came home from school on Friday with an imprint of his hands on paper with a poem. It is adorable and something I will always treasure as those little hands start to grow. Chris prompted him as to what else he was supposed to say and he quickly told me, "Happy Birthday Mom!" At least it was close.

This morning I woke up to find that Chris had gotten some flowers. He left them on the island for me to find. They are in water now and just beautiful.

Owen decided to give me his own little gift and didn't make a peep until 7:30 when I went to make sure all was okay with him. So far it has been a wonderful morning. Now that Diego is over, I am taking the boys to Starbucks and treating myself to a nice BIG mocha!!

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and family out there!

Added on later...

The day continued to get better and better. Chris got up earlier than I expected so I offered to runt o Starbucks for him too. While I was gone Ethan asked to go poop on the potty. And.....HE ACTUALLY DID!!! This is HUGE! We have been working on this since October and he chose today to do it! What a wonderful gift! LOL!

Also, today we got rid of the highchair! Owen will be 2 here soon and well, it was just time. We went and got Owen a booster seat for the table and he had lunch like the big boy that he is...



What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I would treasure Ethan's little picture too, how sweet. Owen is growing so fast Katie. I can't believe he is almost 2. I'm so glad you are back to blogging!