So I realized I was a little behind on posting...for the grandparents that check in periodically, I will tell you that Game Number 3 was another loss for the Red Dragons. Although they scored 3 goals, it appeared they were unable to keep their goal at all defended. Ethan played the whole game, warned people about birds being on the field and often seemed like he was chasing sunshine and rainbows instead of playing, but hey he was out there trying. Owen once again had a strong start in participation that waned by half time with a refusal to go back into the game. I am uncertain if the other parents on the team are okay with this because it gives their children more time on the field, or if they are getting as annoyed as we are....but either way....5 more games to go.
Lately everyone has been showing off their various spatial awareness skills building
like crazy with our old larger
legos, but hey we will take whatever we can get...
Can you tell what Ethan is now addicted to?

He builds enough X-wings for all of us to play and shoot at each other as we fly through the living room, dining room, kitchen and family room.
He also claims to be C3Po

Owen decided to get in on the lego action as well. He recently really loves animals and wanted to make the zebra on the box...

His version of the zebra after...
And in a final Owen update, he wowed us the other day. He was really enjoying this workbook on numbers (after all, it is Owen we are talking about) and asked me how to do this page. It tells you to write the numbers 1-10 on the rocks to get the pirate to the treasure chest. I didn't think he knew how to write his numbers, but I did tell him the directions yet suggested he color in the rocks to make a path across. He left to go work on it and this is what he brought back...

Pretty darn good for a 3.5 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment