Tomorrow Chris is taking Ethan and Owen to the ENT. Owen is going for a recheck on his ears now without tubes, or at least one for sure that we know about. His school saw the tube in his ear and saved it for us taped to a piece of paper. Wasn't really sure if that was something I really wanted to save or not - a silver little O with waxed attached - at least I knew for sure it was out.
Ethan is going for his chronic bloody noses. A year and a half ago when we were in Connecticut he had to have his nose chemically cauterized to stop the bleeding so we could get him home on the plane. The doctor there is still talking about how still he sat, didn't cry and just what an all around champ he was. When we returned home he was checked and we were told it might not hold for very long and that we might need to come back...so back we go.
Poor Chris is having to deal with my mom list in regards to Owen's ears. I really wanted a new set of tubes in July of 2008 and was disappointed when they chose not to. So now Chris needs to represent the ear infections he has had and the fluid issue once again. As for Ethan's nose, Chris has been the main point person on all of that since me and all that blood don't do well together, but don't tell Ethan, I put on a good strong front for him. I anticipate them scheduling him for an outpatient thing to fix his nose once again. We shall see.
So cross your fingers for Chris, taking BOTH boys to the doctors at the same time alone - something I frequently try to avoid and usually beg him to attend with me whenever the need arises. The ENT is especially fun since the rooms are equipped with lots of buttons, a chair that goes up and down...man it is a hazard in itself...ssshhhh...don't tell Chris! I don't think he remembers so we will just send him to the wolves and hope for the best. Fingers crossed.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for both boys! MAN! I can't imagine taking 2 young children alone...I can't even imagine just taking one for an appointment and having the other tag along! Wow! You have your work cut out for you today...at least the room sounds fun...Ha! I hope all goes well. Let me know!!!
Chris survived! Ethan got his nose cauterized again and antibiotics for an ear infection we didn't know he had. Owen is all good...no more tubes...hmmm.
Post a Comment