Sunday, September 07, 2008

It's been a LONG time!

Wowsers! It has been forever since I posted and it truly seems like a lifetime, but in reality has only been a little over a month. Still life flies by too quickly it seems.

In August grandpa came to stay with the boys so Chris and I could escape briefly and actually finish a conversation! He had a blast with the boys and of course they were thrilled to have grandpa in the house!



School started back again and life changed drastically for both boys. Ethan entered pre-K and started to attend 5 half days a week and since I returned to work part-time, Owen also is attending all week. Ethan moved up to the Lighthouse Room and now gets homework and goes to big kids chapel for almost an hour! Owen moved to Noah's Ark Room and apparently dazzles them with his letter knowledge.


Ethan has a girlfriend named Jennifer. I don't know much about her, but the fact that she is a piano prodigy and barely speaks English. She loves Ethan and anytime she is at school and their classes combine, they are inseparable. I think Ethan probably talks enough for the both of them and maybe she feels comfortable with his constant yammering in her ear. I have smiled at her parents and they seem okay with this blooming romance, so for now we will let them enjoy one another.

Owen is the leader in naughty behavior usually and thinks his terrific smile is going to get him out of any mischief, which in some regards he is right. It does make it hard to stay angry very long. He and Ethan seem to be playing very well together lately only problem is the fact that it is usually because they are doing something they shouldn't do. I will hear them wreaking havoc upstairs and call up to them and Owen will yell, "Run Ethan! Hide Ethan!" If this is a glimpse into our future, we are definitely going to be in some serious trouble.

Most of you know about Owen's love of letters, here is some video taken of his new found skills...



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Owen is doing awesome with his letter skills. I'm LOL about Ethan and his blossoming relationship with "Jennifer". If you ask me, she's one lucky girl!!

ErIn said...

Owen is such a little smartie!!! And sounds like another little 3y/o I know! ;-) LOL at Ethan and his little girl friend, too cute!