Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011 is here and I am not ready...

So 2011 is here and I am not ready for this. I think that when I was little I believed we would be living on the moon by now, maybe having flying cars - think of the Jetsons and you might have a good idea of what I thought life would be like by now.

Instead I have returned to work full-time and the boys are now in full-time school. Ethan is doing well in 1st grade. Isn't a fan of timed math facts, but I can't say I blame him on that one. I watch 4th graders freak out about it so I can only imagine what my little man thinks as 2 minutes click on by...but time will tell - no pun intended.

Owen loves kindergarten reports daily if he had to move his name or not and at one point was counting the total number of days he had 42 or some such number that he didn't have to move his name...then the dreaded moving did occur - only to the middle so he still got his stamp - but it was a bad 24 hours as he had to take in that his perfect record had been marred and there wasn't anything he could do to go back in time and not talk to his friend.

The boys started piano lessons. I wasn't sure the instructor was going to have the patience for Owen, I mean come on, not many people have the patience for Owen (including his parents - smile!). But they are both excelling and so far enjoying it and it works out great as the lessons take place at school while I am driving to get them. Couldn't ask for a better set up.

They both sang in the living nativity at school a song titled, 5 Little Donkeys. I was very glad for them to finally sing that song and no longer need to spend every dinner counting down donkeys and what happened over and over.

Ethan was a wiseman in his class play and got to say a line in regards to Jesus being the King of all Kings. I was grateful to my new staff working together and making it possible for me to attend. It was a crazy day of visiting a mission and racing from Oceanside to Escondido to be with my little man.

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks. I need to update the banner at the top, but hey, baby steps!



Making Cookies for Santa

Making cookies for Santa!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: