Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ethan earned a triangle!

Confused? So was I. He kept telling me that he now had a triangle on his necklace at school. I knew that they had necklaces that they wore with shapes on them that showed what different level activities they were allowed to do. I also knew that he had been a square, a parent informed me of this at a birthday party. Still clueless, she told me then that a square was the highest you could have in reading. So I thought when he shared with me that he had a triangle, that maybe he had struggled and been brought down or something.

Well on Friday, I got to go help in his classroom all day with reading groups and their trip to the computer lab. I discovered a triangle was the new highest level. He can now work on spelling 5 letter word cards, get a higher level book and various other things. I am so proud! What also thrilled me is that he continued to do triangle work. They only had to do one at their highest level and then could do circle or square activities, but not my guy, he spent the whole time doing 3 different triangle activities.

He is doing so well. I love that Grace is challenging him and that he seems to love the challenge.

No comments: