Saturday, December 15, 2007

That Crazy time of Year!

Well things have been very hectic here. I have been bad about updating my blog and everything. I was recently offered a job that worked perfectly with the boys' preschool schedule and that seems to have taken away any freetime as I try to navigate this new undertaking!

In the meantime though we have been busy trying to make sure the boys get to experience little new things to make the holiday special. Ethan's favorite this year is CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! We have a couple crazy houses around here and he begs to go by them before bed most nights.

So this year we decided to take him to Candy Cane Lane. A little cul-de-sac in Poway that is all lit up. We also checked out the "Griswolds" and just had a nice night. Below are some pics of our adventures on Candy Cane Lane. We still might check out Christmas Card Lane and a couple other places if time allows.



With the holidays coming, Ehan's school has had a ton of fun activities. He made this "tree" at school the other day and begged to eat it! LOL!!



Lastly, last night we went on the North Pole Express. Not sure if we will go again. Ethan has a BLAST and was so excited to see Santa. It was one of those moments that you wished you had the camera available, but at the same time a memory that will forever be imprinted with Chris and me. Ethan and I were sitting on a bench near the front of the train car and Santa came in, almost hitting us with the door. Ethan's face lit up (which is unusual since most Santa's this year have gotten mad dogged and he has hidden behind me) and he immediately told Santa, "I WANT A GUITAR!" His eyes were just glowing and he was just beaming. He was so happy!! Truly Christmas joy. On the way back to the station, since Owen was being less than cooperative, we stood out in between the cars. Ethan thought he was driving the train and well Owen, he was just happy to move!!






2 comments:

Laurel said...

That cookie is as big as Ethan's head! LOL! The kids are so cute Katie!

Stacy said...

What a fun time for all. I'm LOL at the picture of Ethan going to eat his tree he made at school. The boys are growing so fast but so wonderfully! I miss you!!